Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Trying to work on the translation! And mail Christmas cards...

MS Word keeps crashing and I keep losing 10 minutes of work here, 7 minutes there and it's extremely frustrating! I'm trying to save the document as often as I can, but sometimes it crashes before I've saved.

Sigh...

And then I had to take a few hours of break to finish addressing our Christmas cards' envelopes and I still need to go just went to the post office to mail them.

Sigh...

I don't really like to go to the post office and mail things. That's the main reason why I can't/could never sell anything online -- having to mail a package would just kill me. I don't know why I hate it so much.

Every year I have been able to send a pile of Christmas cards to Brazil in person by my mother-in-law, but this year she didn't come for Thanksgiving (since K3 & family are not in the U.S. anymore, she always stayed at their house), so I couldn't do it. There are always extended family members going, but they live in the D.C. area and I neglected to mail all the cards to my husband's cousin in Michigan earlier (they're flying to Brazil on Thursday). So instead of uncertainly mailing them to Michigan express ($19), I spent 5 dollars more and mailed them directly to my mom in Brazil.

I kind of with I could afford to mail each Brazilian friends' card directly to them, but at U$1.50 a pop that would add up quickly. :-(

As I mailed all those cards all I could think was "I wish these cards could help 'save' the U.S. Postal Service!" I really do hope they can find a way to come back because I cherish getting mail and the work they do. Maybe if I sent more mail it would help them...

OK, I need go to back to the translation, with me luck!

No comments: